Head of Electricity Networks
3 days left
- Full Time
Head of electricity networks job in warrington within electricity distribution. £65k-£80k, 7k car, 20% bonus
Your new company
Founded in 2006, our utilities client has seen huge year on year growth and more than a decade later, are operating out of three UK offices. They are responsible for the utilities Infrastructure Installations for a range of clients who see them as market leaders. They are currently about to embark on an extraordinary journey of growth and new market exploration, and they are looking or the right people to be part of their future. As the head of electricity networks based in Warrington and report to the MD. You will be responsible for ensuring the service delivery performance and compliance of the company's electricity distribution networks for Great Britain and other statutory, regulatory and legislative requirements for the United Kingdom.
Your new role
- Develop and maintain company engineering design standards and specifications in accordance with ENA Engineering Recommendations G81; G87 and G88 for load and generation connections to meets business regulatory and legislative needs
- Develop and maintain company materials specifications covering cabling and plant from LV to 132kV.
- Ensure electricity distribution networks are compliant with: ENA Engineering Recommendation P2/7; ENA ER G5/5-1; ENA ER P28; ENA ER P29 and all other relevant ENA ER's.
- A member of the Independent Networks Associations Electricity Technical Sub-Committee and contribute to electricity networks compliance and developments through monthly meetings and action plans.
- Responsible for companies policies and procedures for inspection and maintenance of companys electricity distribution networks
- Develop and maintain Design Approval policy to facilitate Competition in Connections Code of Practice requirements.
- Set the level of and audit Design Approvals to ensure compliance with company's G81 engineering design standards and specifications.
- Set the level of ICP Contestable Works auditing to facilitate Competition in Connections Code of Practice requirements
- Develop and maintain company operational procedures to comply with Electricity Networks Association (ENA) Distribution Code and Electricity Safety Quality and Continuity Regulations 2002 (as amended).
- Responsible for ensuring electricity distribution networks are operated in compliance with ENA Model Distribution Safety Rules
- Responsible for ensuring network restoration services are undertaken in compliance with ENA Model Distribution Safety Rules
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance
- Work alongside other members of the Leadership and management team to identify areas for development, agree outputs required and effective delivery of targets
- Responsible for managing service providers
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be chartered CEng or MIET or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Great Britain Electricity Distribution Licence Regulatory and Legislative requirements.
- Electricity Distribution in Great Britain ie DNO and or IDNO
- Health and Safety awareness
- Knowledge of Design and Construction of electricity distribution networks.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of electricity distribution networks.
- NERS Awareness.
- Auditing and Competency Reviews.
- Policy and procedure development experience.
- Experience of working on projects in the construction or electricity industries. Experienced in work on all voltages up to 132kV and civil works.
- NJUG awareness.
What you'll get in return
Offering £60,000 - £80,000 depending on experience. 20% bonus scheme, £6996 car allowance or company car and additional benefits package. This is a unique fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing and secure company. You will work directly with the MD and the position offers excellent succession plans for the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Head of Electricity Networks
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly