Senior Electrical Engineer (Utilities)
Senior Electrical Design - (Utilities) - Northampton / Warrington - £40-50k + Car
Your new company
Founded in 2006, Matrix Networks has seen huge year on year growth and more than a decade later, are operating out of three UK offices. They are responsible for the Infrastructure Installations for a range of clients who see them as market leaders. They are currently about to embark on an extraordinary journey of growth and new market exploration, and they are looking or the right people to be part of their future. As a Senior Electrical Designer / Utilities Designer you will be responsible for the design of gas/water/electrical supplies on projects ranging from £50k to £3million across the UK.
The majority of the design work will be biased towards electricity, however a good understanding or willingness to learn about gas / water supplies is essential.
Your new role
- Undertake design of electricity (HV), gas and water supply for a wide range of new construction developments
- Substation civil designs including liaison with architects and asset owners.
- Co ordination of pipe / cable layouts
- Liaise directly with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Working closely with all gas, water and electrical asset owners nationwide.
- Provide support to junior members of the design team
What you'll need to succeed
- BEng Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered / Incorporated Engineer OR working towards (desirable)
- Experienced in design work on all electrical voltages from 400V up to 11kV.
- Good understanding of other disciplines (gas networks / water supply)
- I.T proficient (Excel, AutoCAD, WinDEBUT) desirable but not essential
- Good awareness of health & safety regulations
What you'll get in return
- £40,000 - 50,000
- Car / Car Allowance
- 22 days holidays + bank holidays
- Company pension contribution
- Remote working available 2-3 days / week
- Opportunity to progress into a management role in the long term
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.