Engineering Manager - Civil/Structural
Engineering Manager - Civil/Structural | £Competitive | Bedfordshire
Your new role
To work as a Structural/Civil Engineering Manager on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that my client provides a first class structural and civil engineering consultancy services.
To contribute to my client's vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to their clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect their passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
1. Keep abreast of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice.
2. Work normal hours of employment and any additional hours necessary to see that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
3. Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects.
4. Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations.
5. Negotiate fees for new projects as delegated by the Partners/Associates.
6. Maintain good working relationships with clients, consultants and contractors.
7. Attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
8. Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
9. Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
10. Submit and monitor invoices on projects under their responsibility.
11. Mentor and train more junior members of staff.
12. To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time
What you'll need to succeed
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an ICE approved institution.
- CEng or with 4 to 5 years relevant experience with ambition to achieving CEng status.
- Must have experience in TEDDS/Tekla/CAD/Revit knowledge
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good analytical and organisation skills.
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Good presentation skills.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary/Benefits package commensurate with experience;
Discretionary (Performance related) bonus scheme;
Regular salary reviews;
Excellent training opportunities;
Pension scheme (subject to conditions);
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.