Chartered Building Surveyor
Central London Consultancy - Chartered Building Surveyor
Your new company
You will be joining a well-established Central London consultancy run by an experienced team of partners. The firm is over 100 years old and specialises in all areas of real estate services for a wide range of clients. You will be joining the Building Consultancy team and will benefit from the collaborative nature of the company and cross-specialism support.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Chartered Building Surveyor to join an established team in a commercial projects and professional Building Surveying environment.
Your new role
The role carries a rewarding mix of autonomy, with direct client liaison and project ownership, whilst working within a small and supportive team. The client base is broad, incorporating private commercial clients, private developers, livery companies as well as established and historic residential estates.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Ensuring projects and professional appointments are completed on budget and to schedule
- Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Determining the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair
- Instructions on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Negotiation of dilapidations claims (landlord & tenant)
- Undertaking technical due diligence and pre-acquisition surveys of commercial buildings
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings and acting as Principal Designer on project work
- Advising on boundary disputes and party wall procedures
- Undertaking reinstatement cost assessments of buildings for insurance purposes
- Preparing insurance assessments and claims
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong project management and contract administration experience, not necessarily on large scale projects but confident in working independently
- MRICS qualified with commercial surveying experience
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will earn between £45,000 and £50,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.