Senior Civil Engineer
Your new company
Established in the 1970s, this company has steadily grown to become a key player that offers a broad range of services to a diverse client base. Their expertise is measured by their ability to adapt their skills to meet the needs of each individual client. They can then add value to schemes, not just in terms of cost savings, but by enhancing other key values including social and environmental aspects. They deliver a comprehensive service to all clients from project conception through to completion. They are experts in their field and have achieved this by investing in the latest design software packages and staff development to ensure they have up to date, in-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, allowing them to design efficient, modern solutions.
Your new role
You will join the company as a Senior Civil Engineer at their Northampton office. Your main duties will include:
- Lead a number of engineers and technicians within a design team, being responsible for their management and the efficient and timely delivery of their output.
- Undertake conceptual and feasibility design, as well as detailed design independently.
- Undertake and manage thorough checking of technical content of work carried out by others to ensure that deliverables are correct and in accordance with all relevant standards, guidance and regulations.
- Manage a number of projects at any one time, overseeing the production and delivery within the office.
- Attending client and design team meetings to convey and relay key issues on technical matters, as well as programme, contractual and commercial matters, with support from colleagues and managers.
- Responsible for training of others and controlling quality of drawings within the office.
- Co-ordination with colleagues in other offices to ensure consistent standards are provided nationwide.
- Partake in internal peer reviews and pro-actively encourage knowledge dissemination within the company.
- Comply with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an ICE Chartered Engineer, or well on the way to achieving Chartership. You can demonstrate good experience and understanding of highway and drainage design and you are very familiar with S104, S38, S278 sectional agreements. You must be able to demonstrate a desire to work on a variety of project types and learn new skills to meet the needs of varied clients. You have sound technical abilities and confidence, whilst knowing self-limitations. You understand and confidently use a number of civil engineering design software packages independently. These would ideally include Causeway PDS, Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD or similar. You must have strong communication skills, being confident to liaise with clients, local authorities, contractors and colleagues alike and you are able to motivate and inspire staff within your team and the company. You a re a pro-active, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is self-directed CPD and keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation, as well as developing staff. You can produce a portfolio of up to 5-6 drawings. You can also demonstrate longevity in the roles you have so far undertaken in your career. You must hold a full clean driving licence as their will be occasional travel to sites.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary based on the level of your experience.There is also an extensive benefits package including, pension scheme, 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays), flexible working, company bonus scheme and onsite parking. The role is office based and there is no home working. You will be joining a continually growing organisation who is extremely busy with plenty of variety and projects planned a for 2022 already. The company has been shortlisted for a variety of local and industry awards and they are very proud of the work they do. There will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career and develop your skills. Your new employers plan to make a long term investment in all their staff and their culture is very much based around teamwork and supporting each other.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly