Trainee Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Trainee Quantity Surveyor / Estimator - Leicestershire / Coventry - £20-25K
A well known utilities company are looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join their business in order to add value to their already established commercial team. This contractor work within the infrastructure market and work alongside a large number of energy providers to design/supply/install and maintain their utilities/infrastructure - being a subsidiary of a large main contractor.
This role will involve working with a variety of different departments including operations/finance and engineering as well as working within the commercial team and supporting their day to day activities. You will be working closely with the Senior QS and Estimator and supporting the site staff with their bids and commercial tasks.
Your role will also involve:
- Assist in estimating process providing cost build ups and cash flow forecasts.
- Obtain quotations from supply chain and negotiate best rates
- Assist with written content of tender proposals
- Procurement of sub-contractors and the preparation of contract documents.
- Preparation of initial project budgets and thereafter maintaining them on a regular basis through the life cycle of the project.
- Preparation of valuations and final account documentation.
- Ensure that a detailed measure of works completed is maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation of cost/value reconciliations
- Identification of change events in line with contract T&C's
- Manage sub-contractor valuations and associated payments
- Maintain labour cost scheduling in conjunction with the Project Manager
If you already have experience doing the above this would be an advantage but they are prepared for the right person to offer full training and development opportunities.
You must be IT literate (MS Office and Cost management packages), commercial acumen, flexible and adaptable to changes within your role/business, be motivated and a self starter and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
You might already have experience working in a similar role OR have a construction qualification and looking for your first role in the market - you must have access to a vehicle for this role as although it will be home-based for foreseeable due to COVID-19 restrictions - the office in based in Coventry and travel to other offices might be required in the future.
In return this client can offer a competitive salary and package, the opportunity to join a business and growing business unit and the chance to gain experience and training and the beginning of your Quantity Surveying / Estimating career.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Trainee Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly