Your new company
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work with a main contractor based in East Sussex who are currently expanding and looking to recruit for a new Quantity Surveyor. The company are an established business who are winning work and expanding - it is an exciting time for them. They specialise in delivering turn-key social and affordable housing schemes to local authorities and housing associations across the South East. They manufacture and deliver modular housing and have a strong company ethos for sustainability and environmentally ethical construction. They work as both a supplier of modular units and as a main contractor for projects (75% of their work is as a main contractor). The role is for a full time Quantity Surveyor to assist with new project tenders, produce detailed project financial information and to administer main and subcontracts on a wide variety of schemes. You will work with an established internal project team and with existing and new clients to deliver a number of awarded contracts and continue development through a significant period of company growth.
Your new role
Reporting to the Projects Director and working closely with Production, Design, Finance and Site Management Departments. Duties include -
- Working closely with clients at Pre-Tender, Tender Award and Contract Execution project stages.
- Assisting in assembling tender bids for new projects, working closely with all internal departments and external subcontractors on costing and project specific requirements.
- Developing detailed project Cash-Flow forecasts and assisting with setting departmental targets to achieve them.
- Assisting in assembling main contracts for awarded projects ranging between £500,000 - c.£7.5m - Liaising with internal departments to produce main contract & subcontract document packages including but not limited to Scope of Works, Quotations, Risk Registers, Valuations Programmes / Cash-flow and Contract Drawings.
- Attending and occasionally chairing project relevant meetings internally and with clients.
- Serving as main point of contact for the client between handover from contract award to Practical Completion - Completing valuations, managing programme and cost changes and maintaining the project file for all developments.
- Assisting in developing robust and inclusive requirements for sub-contractor packages both in-factory and on-site.
- Working with Department Managers to generate performance objectives set by forecast project cash-flow.
- Overseeing ongoing project valuations
- Working with the Operations Director and Construction Project Manager to monitor completion of works on-site against programme and quality KPIs.
- Working from the office and on-site as required.
- Providing critical input into operations and processes across the company, offering creative solutions and constructive criticism to areas of short-coming - Ensuring the company maintains a culture of continual improvement across all areas and departments both internal and client facing, in-factory and on-site.
- Maintaining clear lines of communication between your department and all relevant surrounding internal departments.
What you'll need to succeed
With 5+ years of experience in a Quantity Surveying and Estimating role
Full clean drivers licence
Environmentally and sustainable construction focused
Experienced in modular construction (not essential)
What you'll get in return
- Salary £45k - £55k depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus system on project completions
- Share Save Scheme (after qualification period)
- Birthday Time and a half
- Pension - statutory
- Ample free parking
- Fuel expenses paid
- Company lap top and mobile
- Opportunity to join a friendly, professional and ethically forward thinking company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.