Project Engineer - Construction - Competitive Salary & Package
Your new company
One of the UK's leading 5 star house builders who pride themselves on high quality homes with offices and project throughout the UK and offering the chance for a great career
Your new role
Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Project Engineer to join an established technical team in their Peterborough office, where you will be required to manage the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction, oversee the design of the infrastructure and groundworks packages
- Advise Land Dept on Technical viability of new sites
- Assist in the production of layouts, constraints plan, fee report and technical report for Land Appraisals; and required working drawings
- Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals
- Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired
- Brief engineering consultants on scope of design, which includes roads sewers private drainage, retaining walls, foundation designs any other substructures below DPC level either private or adopted and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when apprising land
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes
- Maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant's designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in Value Engineering
- Oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer's responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 Agreements
- Manage initial and external technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
- Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments
- Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants
- Help and assist the planning department in obtaining planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements
- Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance plans and M colours
- Answer Technical queries
- Secure adoption agreements; POS, S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- In house Health & Safety coordination role with the preparation of pre-tender health and safety plans, including acting as Temporary Works Coordinator
- Liaise with the Commercial department with respect to mains laying and service connection costs.
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others (internal teams and external) as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the companies Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
- Computer literate. Experience of AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience of design software packages such as PDS or MicroDrainage is desirable although not essential
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- 25 days holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly