M&E Contracts Manager
M&E Contracts Manager / PM - 3 month rolling contract - £250 p/d - East Mids based - NHS Trust
Hays Building Services, Leicester are working exclusively with a NHS Trust based in the East Midlands who require an M&E Contracts Manager / Project Manager on a 3-month rolling contract.
Your new role
You will be working on what is regarding as the 'business as usual' projects, which are centred around the maintenance and minor works that contribute to keeping the Trust functional. As you will be working within an Acute setting, projects will include Electrical, Mechanical & Gas (including medical gas) services and MES, the value of which can be anything from £10k to £2m.
The role will encompass a variety of responsibilities where typically you will be given a project at the point of concept and it will be your responsibility to develop and manage this through to completion. This will include creating a scope of work, tendering, appointing contractors, working with designers, issuing paperwork, CDM's, liaising with the internal QS department to deal with the commercial aspects of the project, creating procedures (PAM) and finally getting the project live to then run the site and manage contractors through to completion.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant qualifications or trade background (HNC/HND Building Services, Mechanical/Electrical time-served apprentice)
- Strong M&E Technical knowledge / ability.
- Experience of managing M&E contractors on site.
- Experience working on maintenance / minor works projects valued up to £2m.
- Ability to create and deliver highly technical scopes of work.
- Ability to demonstrate effective decision making through the tendering stages
- JCT contract experience
- Acute Trust experience desirable
What you'll get in return
- ASAP Start.
- 40 hours per week.
- £250 per day (PAYE rate slightly lower).
- Flexible working options available.
- 3-month rolling contract with temp to perm opportunities
You will also have a personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.