Head of Strategic Delivery
Head of Strategic Delivery, Procurement
Protecting current and future generations is at the heart of Radioactive Waste Management's (RWM) mission to deliver the UK's first Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) and provide radioactive waste management solutions.
As the Head of Strategic Delivery you will manage a small but growing team to deliver its major ground investigation and construction enabling services to enable delivery of RWM's corporate mission. You will join a diverse organisation and provide authoritative advice on strategic and operational commercial matters, primarily in respect of the relevant portfolio of spend, for the implementation of the GDF programme.
Your new role
- Implement sound procurement and commercial strategies for the GDF programme developing a strategic approach to integrated programme delivery.
- Develop, implement, and manage a category structure for a portfolio of construction and related services and works broadly aligned with the NDA category structure, ensuring compliance with public procurement and other government commercial policies
- Ensure spend categories demonstrably deliver value for money, meet users' needs through embedding SSRM principles and support contract management adoption.
- Recruit, develop and manage a high performing team to ensure delivery against the programme
- Provide regular updates to Directorate leadership on commercial strategies and performance and interface with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and other entities as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be diplomatic, with strong persuasive communication and negotiation skills, have appropriate varied presentational styles and the ability to manage complex projects.You will have senior procurement experience in major ground investigation and construction enabling services. If you have experience of any of the following, and are interested in this role, please apply for this opportunity: Experience of developing, implementing and managing a portfolio of major ground investigation and construction enabling services being part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team. Experience of complex commercial arrangements including negotiating contract terms, risk allocation, and providing commercial leadership in matters of dispute.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Head of Strategic Delivery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly