Reactive Highways Maintenance Supervisor
Reactive Highways Maintenance Supervisor working on highways projects in London.
Our client is a long-established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, their well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
Due to an increase in new contracts, there is now a need for a Reactive Highways Maintenance Supervisor to join this already successful team.
As the Reactive Highways Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising reactive maintenance projects across London including: managing labour, plant, materials and subcontractors on site to ensure that all construction activities are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with works orders, budgets and quality requirements.
You will work closely with the project Quantity Surveyors to understand the commercial strategy for each project and implement this on site to maximise returns.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure all reactive works are appropriately permitted to ensure access onto the highway network to affect repairs is achieved for a 1st time fix.
- Ensure all works are completed within the required timescales and resource is kept to optimum levels.
- The effective management of the works and ensure daily data and records are maintained to keep the works orders management tracker current.
- Ensure daily outputs are achieved to provide the business with the required commercial and operational expectations.
- Development and maintenance of relationship with Client Engineers and Supervisors. Leading and developing the site teams to drive best practice and continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Previous Supervisory experience of works within the highways sector
- Experience of reactive highways maintenance projects
- Have Service Technical knowledge
- Be IT Literate - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Have effective communication skills
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- Construction Qualification - NVQ 3 or similar
- CSCS Qualification
If you feel you have the necessary skills set for this role, please apply below.
Apply for Reactive Highways Maintenance Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly