Mechanical Design Engineer / Project Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer / Project Engineer Jobs Glasgow
Your new company
Is a leading manufacturing company who specialise in valves, actuators and accessories for multiple industries such as; Oil and Gas, Water & Wastewater, Mining, Marine & Shipping, Power, Chemical, Petrochemical & more.
Your new role
As Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be one of 4 servicing operations in the UK. However you will also serve as part of a wider global engineering team in multiple locations around the world.
- Assume ownership of technical projects/ tasks
- Review and interpret specifications/ expectations
- Influence and implement design specifications through use of 3D modelling systems.
- Generation of BOMS and Manufacturing drawings
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards/ directives/ codes
- Implement and perform validation and/ or simulation testing
- Generate technical files/ reports/ memos
- Plan and maintain project status, milestones and deliverables
- Interface with international engineering departments
- Lead meetings involving participants from other functions of the business
- Communicate status to relevant stakeholders
- Good practical mechanical aptitude for fault finding
- Root cause analysis.
- Provide technical assistance to other functional areas of the business - Represent company though participation in technical associations or sales exhibitions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering related discipline
- Knowledge of process engineering; valve application/ sizing preferable
- Knowledge of product development process/ stage gate process
- Proficient with a 3D Design system and associated PDM systems
- Solidworks, or similar CAD system
- Experience with Finite element analysis, definition of boundary conditions and load-cases appropriate to the technical requirement and mitigation of identified risks.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, MS teams)
- Experience using ERP system - LN, or similar.
- Teamwork ethic
- ability to clearly communicate and collaborate within a multi-cultured and multi-skilled environment.
- Promote cohesion and 'best practice' across the team
- Ability to work autonomously with strong initiative, urgency and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills - plan, maintain and update on status.
- Fluent in written and spoken English - secondary language welcome but not mandatory.
What you'll get in return
- £35 + DOE
- 31 Days Annual Leave
- Opportunity to work for an extremely busy, internationally renowned business.
- Really good opportunity here to put your own stamp on the role
- Experience trips to other countries, and work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.