Great opportunity for experienced Design Manager to be involved with high social value build projects
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with one of our national clients, a leading national building contractor who are delivering some of the most important build projects across the south-west, to source a committed and talented design manager to lead pre-contract and construction detail coordination.
Your new role
With support from the Senior Design Manager, your new role will involve managing and delivering detailed design information required by the agreed design programme and deliverable schedule, with involvement at both pre-construction and construction stages. Duties will include:
- liaising with appointed design consultants and coordinating information into a workable design
- ensuring that the design is compliant to relevant legislation and technical requirements
- producing design programmes and scope
- attending and on occasion chairing meetings with a range of stakeholders
- preparing and delivering design progress reports
- overseeing the work of junior members of staff when required.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client require experience in the commercial, healthcare and education construction sectors. You should also be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience, be an excellent communicator both in verbal and written formats and work well as a team player.
What you'll get in return
In return for your skills, experience and effort, you will receive a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package including company car or car allowance, healthcare, a generous pension scheme and share save scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.