1 day left
- Full Time
Your new company
A leading house house builder are looking for a Development Engineer to join their talented team, delivering on new build open market developments across the North West.
Your new role
The principle purpose of the role will be the provision of engineering and technical support to a variety of developments throughout the design and construction process.
Key responsibilities include:
* Commission site surveys and reports from external consultants and the design team.
* Attend and contribute to design team, engineering, pre-start and site progress meetings as required for each development.
* Review and check design solutions for road and sewers, foundations, drainage and proposed levels etc. for technical approval submissions
and procurement packages.
* Ensure all design solutions are the most cost effective and practical and comply with planning, building regulations and NHBC/LABC
* Identify, procure and co-ordinate services/utilities removal/diversion/provision requirements from initial feasibility to order placement/initial
call-off including provision of the site services pack at the pre-start hand-over meeting.
* Co-ordinate remediation strategy and MMP approvals, EHO and NHBC/LABC conditions sign-offs and validation/verification reports.
* Co-ordinate and manage all aspects of NHBC/LABC building control and warranty provision, and monitor compliance/discharge for CML
* Collate and issue tender, construction and pre-start drawing packages to the required timescales for the programmed start on site.
* Secure technical approval for S38/278 roads and S104 sewers adoptions where required and co-ordinate the bonds through to adoption
including POS adoption/transfers and the handover of management companies where necessary.
* Arranging inspections with the relevant authorities and subcontractors to progress adoptions as required.
* Ensure legal title checks and estate boundary approval/deed plans are completed in time and setting out information/drawings for each plot
are available, performing on-site checks (use of total-station theodolite and levelling equipment is an advantage) as required for each
* Undertake regular site visits and check that the works carried out comply with the drawings, specifications and are to the required
standards and that any testing or validation criteria has been satisfied
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of engineering achieved within a similar environment, together with relevant experience, academic and / or professional qualifications Preference will be given to those familiar with all aspects of engineering
You will be highly organised and able to co-ordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. Good communication, proficiency with IT (including AutoCad LT) and attention to detail are skills you will possess in addition to being self motivated and a team player.
What you'll get in return
you will receive a competitive basic salary plus car allowance, pension, healthcare, and excellent overall company benefits. Full details are available on request.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Development Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly