Health & Safety Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Health & Safety Manager required for Leading Building Contractor
Your new company
Hays is working in partnership with one of our national clients, a Tier 1 building contractor, to source an experienced and dedicated SHE Manager to advise and support with health and safety considerations on multi-million pound commercial projects across the South-West. The company has an excellent reputation for delivering complex and challenging projects in the health, educational, MOD and infrastructure sectors and focuses its energies on quality of construction, use of innovative technologies and client satisfaction.
Your new role
Reporting to the national Head of Health & Safety, you will be responsible for monitoring, reporting, advising and training colleagues regarding all aspects of SHE, including:
- Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace, whether that be in office premises or out on site
- Advising employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace
- First aid / nursing duties
- Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation
- Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace
- Being responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace
- Assisting with the and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace
- Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders
- Offering general health and safety advice to all employees
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to hold an industry-recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent), hold or be close to obtaining Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH), have credible experience in health and safety, including operations experience, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have industry-specific experience, for example CDM (Construction Design and Management).
What you'll get in return
In exchange for your skills and commitment, you will get a competitive salary package, as well as company car or car allowance, excellent holiday allowance, company pension, life assurance and health schemes. The company is in a period of rapid growth in the south west and you will have the opportunity to be part of a management team determining their future success and direction. This is a wonderful time to get involved with this highly respected organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Health & Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly