Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
Location: Harrow Council
Directorate: Community Services
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 36 hours
Closing Date: 22/11/2020
Interview Dates: w/c 30/11/2020
Salary Range: £38,496 to £42,429
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Clerk of Works to join the Housing team at Harrow Council. As a member of the Housing Asset Management Team, the post holder will contribute towards achievement of the service’s aims and objectives, as contained in the Smarter Housing Plan. They will be working mainly on the HRA Capital Investment Programme with an emphasis on compliance and Health and safety. The Clerk of Works will be expected to effectively manage the contractor on site and in discussion with the PM/QS, can provide verbal and written instructions to the contractor. This can involve having to take decisions without having recourse to the PM/QS. This role is vital as it can have an important financial impact on the contract such as construction of the final account and service charge and S20 billing process. The Clerk of Works is required to act as an inspector on behalf of the employer under the direction of the Client Representative. The Clerk of Works is responsible for inspection of building works and associated works on projects allocated, to ensure that such works are executed in accordance with the contract documents and with any instructions issued from time to time by the Client Representative.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a full, valid UK Driving License
- Hold a Construction related degree/HND
- Knowledge of the issues involved in providing technical client advice for planned and responsive maintenance
- Knowledge of building legislation, health and safety regulations and good technical knowledge
- Knowledge of managing repairs contracts
- Knowledge of good practice in commissioning and procurement and value for money in matters relating to the delivery of the capital programme.
- Knowledge of current housing issues at national, regional and local level particularly those relating to housing investment
- Demonstrable experience of delivering major housing maintenance projects in the public and/ or private sectors including on site client representation
- Direct experience of procurement, tendering and contractual arrangements
- Direct experience of working with tenants, leaseholders, councillors
- Experience of partnership working with contractors and agencies in the public and private sectors
Interviews will be carried out digitally, and therefore access to Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office Suite is a must. There will be a short written test/presentation at interview stage.
We have a set of values, which our employees have chosen, that represent what we are:
- Be courageous
- We are ambitious about what's possible, challenging the status quo and ready to step up and accept a challenge.
We make brave decisions to achieve success, delivering on our promises and inspiring others to 'Think Big'.
- Do it together
- We build strong, effective relationships across the organisation, sharing our knowledge and breaking down silos.
- We listen to others opinions to inform decision making and seek opportunities to drive collaboration with those that share our outcome.
- We value diversity and always treat others with empathy and respect.
- Make it happen
- We are outcomes focused, setting clear objectives within a framework and articulating what success looks like.
- We are decisive, agile and quick to act. We know what to do and have the conviction to do it.
- We break down barriers and enable others to be more effective.
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates... Good luck!