Project Manager required for leading national builder
Your new company
Hays is working in partnership with one of our national clients, a Tier 1 building contractor, to source a high-performing Project Manager to lead on multi-million pound commercial projects across the South-West. The company has an excellent reputation for delivering complex and challenging projects in the health, educational, MOD and infrastructure sectors and focuses its energies on quality of construction, use of innovative technologies and client satisfaction.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, you will be the No.1 on a major construction project in Devon with responsibilities including:
- Involvement in detailed programming of project
- Providing leadership and direction to project delivery team
- Ensuring each stage of project is delivered to time, budget and quality expectations
- Regular progress meetings and reports
- client/ consultant/ supplier liaison
- close liaison with in-house commercial team
- representing company in communications with public and press
- ensuring highest levels of safety, health, environmental and quality standards adhered to.
What you'll need to succeed
You should be able to show a track record of successfully delivering projects on time and to budget, ideally with similar Tier 1 contractors. You'll be highly communicative, able to convey complex information to others verbally and in written form, have an outstanding knowledge of construction methods and be a natural leader, inspiring and motivating all under you direction and control.
What you'll get in return
You will get a very generous salary package, as well as company car or car allowance, excellent holiday allowance, company pension, life assurance and health schemes. The company is in a period of rapid growth in the south west and you will have the opportunity to be part of a senior management team determining their future success and direction. This is a wonderful time to get involved with this highly respected organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.