Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor for permanent job vacancy in Sussex for construction main contractor.
Your new company
Working for a locally established Main Contractors (Tier 2) this new position has been created for a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The company are construction specialists working on projects predominately in the education, healthcare and refurbishment sectors with historic building work also under taken. They work much of the time with clients they have developed over many years and value a collaborative approach with professionals and sub-contractors alike. They are currently involved in several of Sussex's most challenging and ground breaking projects.
Due to the successful tender of several pipeline projects, they are now in a position to recruit for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. This role will suit you if you are looking to work with a company who build interesting and flagship buildings and who will support you in your job, whilst allowing you freedom to be responsible for all the commercial aspects of your projects.
During the Covid-19 situation they are proud to have been able to maintain 80% of their sites (ensuring strict social distancing practices), and are now fully operational with 100% of sites, and the forward order book of projects due to start in 2020 fourth quarter is also on track. Many of their projects are in the Health and Education sector which has contributed to their stability during this time.
Your new role
This role will include the following duties based both at head Office and on sites. Project can include -primary schools; medical centres; ,pharmacies; secondary schools and colleges, hospitals, nurseries, listed building refurbishment projects, residential schemes; new build accommodation blocks, warehouse units and commercial builds etc. Projects are generally £2m - £18m.
- Liaise with pre-contract department to conclude contract negotiations
- Check tender documentation to identify irregularities and discrepancies
- Timely and accurate productions of valuations to maximise company cash flow and profitability
- Timely and accurate production of monthly reconciliations for each project
- Produce monthly internal and external cash flow forecasts
- Financial control of main contract and sub-contracts from order to agreement of final account
- Attending site when necessary and building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Train and mentor junior members of the surveying department
- Commercial and contractual correspondence
- Preparation of claims documentation when necessary
- Negotiation and agreement of second stage tender prices and documentation
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous Quantity Surveying experience of at least 8 years
* Experience of working with a main contractor on construction projects ideally to £10m +
What you'll get in return
The company are a stable, long standing member of the Sussex construction industry and work on prestigious and interesting projects predominately from £1m - £15m. They have a stable staff base and are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with experience to bring their projects through to completion with strong commercial outcomes and a good rapport with the client., sub-contractors, suppliers and other professionals. In return you will receive a competitive salary (details on application); 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays and any long service holidays earned; Working hours - 8.30am to 5.30pm with a 1-hour lunch break; Health Cash Plan; Private Medical Insurance; Workplace Pension Scheme. Plus a job working with a forward thinking, challenge driven team as they expand into new areas of construction in the South East.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.