Building Surveyor (Assets)
Building Surveyor (Assets), Cardiff Community Housing Association (CCHA), Permanent, £34,300 per annum
Your new team
At CCHA, we have 35 members of staff across the Assets Team, Landlord Compliance Team and Repairs Team. We are absolutely committed to providing "excellent" homes and properties, a first-class repairs service and great quality planned maintenance programmes while providing high levels of customer satisfaction.
We are also house builders and want to be at the cutting edge of delivering much-needed affordable homes across the Cardiff region. We are also keen to reflect the diversity of our communities. Our financial position is robust, with some £10m in revenue and designated repair reserves, and a coherent long-term asset management strategy. We operate over two offices and have just under 100 staff.
Your new role
As a Building Surveyor (Assets) you will be accountable for managing planned and responsive maintenance work ensuring compliance, H&S, quality and exceptional service is delivered to tenants across all properties and communal facilities.
You will be delivering scheduled and unscheduled Stock Condition Surveys including WHQS surveys, energy assessments, decarbonisation assessments and HHSRS surveys - using our Lifespan Asset Management Software. You will also undertake a wide range of other maintenance related inspections on tenanted properties to ensure all properties are safe and compliant.
You will be accountable for collecting lots of information during stock condition surveys and also collecting data whilst undertaking site inspections, creating written and photographic records of properties and presenting this information in a concise manner.
You will also be part of a team responsible for inspections of void properties pre-vacation and at end of tenancy and mutual exchanges. You'll be accountable for ensuring any work carried out on our homes meet our voids standard with no HHSRS hazards, meets the WHQS and is handed over to our housing teams in great condition, compliant with our empty homes policy.
You will also be responsible for undertaking post inspections to ensure work undertaken by contractors and our in-house repairs team meet our own very high standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional/building or construction qualification such as a HNC
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including the management of Asbestos, Legionella, Gas, Electrical safety, Fire safety and Lifting equipment
- Good knowledge of building regulations, and all statutory obligations in relation to existing and new properties, including the WHQS, CDM 2015, Energy Assessments, the HHSRS & DQR
- Experience of managing minor property improvement projects, measuring costs and providing specification of works and Pre-Construction Information to contractors and our in house team
- Knowledge of identifying and analysing defects within buildings including providing proposals for repair
- Ability to carry out feasibility studies, providing advice on party wall and right to light disputes, knowledge of dealing with damp and mould issues
- Be a competent user of different IT solutions and housing management systems. Typically, our use Open Housing (Capita), Lifespan, Risk Monitor and a range of software packages. You will have experience of working from PDA's and using Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Excel / word/ access) Experience of working in a customer focused role & delivering exceptional service to customers
- Experience of working within a maintenance environment
- Great customer facing skills and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for work activities
What you'll get in return
- A permanent position, full time 35 hours a week (Monday - Friday)
- Remote and agile working - our Covid-19 current default position supports working from home
- Salary of £34,300 per annum
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days, upon increasing years of service plus 8 bank holidays
- Ability to buy additional holiday
- Support of CPD and Professional Membership (MCIOB, IOSH, ASCP Membership & RICS Membership Support)
- Auto enrolment on a DC Pension Scheme with 4% employee and 4% employer contributions - operated through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to Opt in to a DB Pension Scheme with 9% employee and 7.7% employer - operated through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Free parking at Tolven Court, close to the centre of Cardiff
- Free electric vehicle charging points
- Electric Pools Cars available in 2021 for business use
- Business use mileage expenses
- A Modern COVID secure office environment, accredited "Covid-Secure" through the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, including temperature monitoring upon entry and exit to building
- Free flu jabs through our simply health scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Health Insurance
- Free access to occupational health service & access to independent counselling services
- Company sick pay scheme, including supporting any member of staff who is unable to work due to Covid-19 symptoms or related illness from day one of employment
- Bike purchase scheme
- IT equipment - company mobile phone, laptop, iPad/Android tablet and access to all of CCHA's systems remotely
- Option to join our Staff Voice Groups, Innovation Groups, Green Groups and Communication Groups so you can really make a different to how or business operates and grows
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Building Surveyor (Assets)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly