Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Trainee/Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Your new company
A leading North Wales based contractor are looking for a talented Trainee or Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team. This contractor have decades of training behind them and are help in high esteem with both clients, subcontractors and other key stakeholders across North Wales, Merseyside and Cheshire. This is a rare opportunity for valuable training and progression as part of a warm and friendly team.
Your new role
You will work as part of the Commercial team, initially assisting on both refurbishment and new build contracts (D&B and Traditional) that range in value from £800k - £8m. If you are a newly qualified QS or an established Assistant QS then this role could be for you. The right candidate will have the opportunity to thrive and develop to full quantity surveyor level. You will be working alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyor/Director as well as the Managing Director. The successful candidate will be involved in, and assisting in the following:
* Day to day running of contracts.
* The preparation and submission of tenders.
* General buying of materials.
* Sending out to various subcontractors for quoting purposes and evaluating/analysing their submissions.
* Valuating completed works and issuing applications for payment.
* Quantifying and costing variations and compiling of final accounts.
* Verifying sub-contractors invoices.
* Visiting construction sites and attending meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates who are working towards their Quantity Surveying degree or those who have already graduated will both be considered for this role. Some construction industry experience would be ideal for this role.
What you'll get in return
A competitive basic salary plus benefits package will be paid in line with experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.