Senior estimator required for leading building contractor
Your new company
A highly valued customer to Hays, the company is a leading national contractor with a focus on client satisfaction to generate repeat business, innovative design and a flexible but professional culture designed to stimulate new ideas and free up decision making at a local level. As a result of securing a place on a number of key construction frameworks, they have a requirement for an experience, accurate and successful senior estimator to join their tight-knit commercial team in their South West head office.
Your new role
Reporting to, and with support from, the Commercial Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting a specification and gaining a clear understanding of the client's requirements
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- Gathering quotes from sub contractors and suppliers
- Liaise with the Bid Manager and Planner to agree methodology and principles
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
all with a view to winning work to meet the company's objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience pricing multimillion pound schemes in the commercial, education, health and MOD sectors is an absolute must, as well as strong commercial awareness, the ability to swiftly and effectively analyse data and a high degree of technical construction knowledge. Computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills and accurate record keeping are all important skills for the role, too.
What you'll get in return
You will be well rewarded for your efforts and abilities, with a very generous salary, car allowance and health/benefits package on offer. You will be joining a highly experienced, cohesive team at a time when the company is going through transformational growth and you will have the opportunity to really make your mark on the continuing success of the South West business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly