Your new company
A leading regional contractor are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team, to deliver on social housing contracts including kitchen and bathroom refurbishments, as well as general repairs and maintenance to social housing stock. This business have decades of trading behind them, and a varied pipeline of work including new build and special projects, as well as their property services and social housing arm. The team are well established, staff turnover is very low and this business demonstrate an excellent reputation with clients, staff and subcontractors.
Your new role
The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated responsive repairs projects/contracts on behalf of various social housing providers. Whilst liaising with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts. Key Responsibilities include;
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports for the Senior Management team
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will hold a degree in Quantity Surveying and will must have relevant experience working on responsive repairs works within the social housing sector. Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
What you'll get in return
Flexible and home based working is available along with a competitive basic salary and company car/car allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.