Capital Project Manager
Capital Project Manager
Band 5K, circa £52,000 per annum, with more for an exceptional candidate, plus benefits
JOB REF: 17272 (NH)
1x Permanent post
1x Fixed Term Contract until 30th December 2023
Thames Valley Police is the largest non-metropolitan force in England and Wales and has a substantial portfolio spread across the three counties of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. The Force polices a wide variety of locations, including major towns and cities, such as Oxford, Reading and Milton Keynes, as well as extensive rural communities and a number of thriving market towns.
The Force has a substantial and diverse property portfolio of some 1.2 million sq. ft. comprising of a variety of property types, including office accommodation, police stations, training facilities, motorway posts, radio masts and aerials, industrial/warehouse accommodation and various specialist facilities.
- Perform the role of the client side Project Manager with responsibility for the development and delivery of a wide range of construction projects from the initial development of a detailed project brief with the internal client, through the construction phase to practical completion, the final account and dealing with post occupation issues. Dependent on the size of the project the post holder may be expected to act as the Contract Administrator. Projects will typically be in the range of £250k - £10m.
- Where required, appoint and project manage external design teams as well as internal project staff including the management of risk, design development and change, resolving competing or conflicting client priorities, cost control, management of contractual issues.
- On less complex projects prepare, specify, and produce design details and then tender and project manage projects on site. This includes the management of specialist external consultants if and when required.
- Capable of delivering complex projects within occupied buildings and maintaining functionality by managing and minimising disruption to users.
- Will be able to demonstrate experience of being the senior Project Manager responsible for the delivery of a number of projects of varying sizes and complexity at any one time and therefore able to multi-task effectively and deal with a numerous problems/issues at any point in time. You must be able to fully discharge the responsibility of the role of Contract Administrator and Principal Designer where external consultants are not appointed.
- Experience of managing complex technical liaison between clients, consultants and contractors.
- Educated to degree level with full membership of a professional body of comparable standing to the RICS, CIOB, RIBA, or CIBSE or possessing exceptional experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to design and manage across a diverse range of construction projects including new builds and refurbishments.
A full driving licence is considered essential as capability to travel across the Force is required in order to undertake assignments in a timely manner and work flexibly.
The individual appointed will need to be vetted to enhanced level due to the nature of the work they will be expected to undertake. The individual will also be expected to work on sites across Thames Valley Police and deal with some regional work across the South East region.
If you are a permanent member of staff applying for this role, please note it will be offered on a secondment basis. Important: All secondments are assumed supported and that your line manager and Head of Department/Commander or Deputy are aware of your intention to apply. If the secondment is not supported then a strong business rationale must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number for the role.
Please note: Shift allowance, on-call or other job related allowances from the previous role will not be protected unless they are attached to the new role for the duration of the secondment.
As part of the Thames Valley Police family you will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including 22-30 days annual leave per annum (plus Bank Holidays), flexible working conditions, performance related pay increase, a wide range of lifestyle discounts, career development opportunities and have the option to join a local government pension scheme. To view a full list of our benefits, please click the below link.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 – Option 1 quoting reference 17272.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 18th October 2020.