Vice President of Design
VICE PRESIDENT OF DESIGN - Exclusive Retained Client Opportunity
MULTIFAMILY PIPELINE AWAITS YOU
Acting like the Principal in a traditional architecture firm, our Vice President of Design will take control of all of our wood frame Multifamily/Mixed-Use projects through all phases of design and will partner with a team of ambitious and entrepreneurial real estate professionals - whose work ethic and pursuit of excellence in all that they do is only matched by their (even better) sense of humor.
As one of the most active developers of Multifamily and Mixed-Use projects, our Vice President of Design is going to jump straight into several projects that are already designed and ready to kick off.
In order to secure the best possible candidate for our business, we are offering:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Financial relocation assistance to Austin, TX (if required)
- Project bonuses AND potential profit participation in deals
- Full suite of corporate benefits, including 401k, employer paid healthcare benefits and PTO
Based at our headquarters in Austin, Texas, the Vice President of Design will report to the Principals of Multifamily and will be responsible for the overall plan coordination among multiple wood frame Multifamily projects in numerous high growth markets across Texas, Southeast, Southwest and Rocky Mountain Region.
Our Vice President of Design will possess a deep understanding of the design process for Multifamily properties, consultant coordination, building codes, municipal codes, fire protection/suppression requirements, building assembly types, and solutions to complex architectural and engineering problems.
You will likely be (or have been) an architect, engineer, or someone with considerable construction experience on the Principal side.
The Vice President of Design will work directly with the development team in processing Multifamily development projects, discovering and resolving any gaps in plans from third-party consultants to minimize cost and scope risk, manage all consultants and contractors throughout the construction process and aid in project close outs and sales processes.
- Coordination of all consultants (including architects, MEP, structural, landscape architect, interior designer and other necessary consultants) from massing to full construction drawings.
- Spearhead entitlements to obtain necessary approvals for development strategy on a project-by- project basis (zoning, site development permits, building permits, and more)
- Creation, tracking and management of development schedules including due diligence, entitlements and design through final construction documentation.
- Strong expertise in value-engineering all facets of design with limited impact on end-result, relative to design goals
- Directly interface with general contractors from initial pricing to guaranteed maximum price; must be well-versed in design/program extrapolation to fill plan gaps during various drawing stages to minimize cost and scope risk
- Facilitate review of all consultant drawings for code compliance including FHA and ADA accessibility guidelines to limit exposure
- Review of all waterproofing details and field test to limit exposure on waterproofing issues
- Solve problems related to entitlement, design and construction issues through all phases of development and construction
- Strong architectural and/or engineering background, (architect license strongly preferred), with a solid understanding of Multifamily wood frame property development processes, guidelines, and regulations.
- BS/BA degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field required. Have at least 8 years relevant multifamily/commercial real estate experience.
- Understanding of multiple A&E design and construction software platforms (AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Blueline, Procore)
- Exceptional people and project management skills with a focus on attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Team oriented and comfortable in a non-institutional approach and flat organizational structure.