Contracts Officer - Construction - Competitive Salary
Your new company
Working for one of the UK's leading contractors operating both in the UK and Worldwide, they operate across a number of sectors including building, infrastructure, housing and maintenance.
Your new role
As part of the building division they have have projects ranging from Commercial, Education and MOD
They are now looking for a Contracts Officer to take responsibility for the checking of Contract Amendments within Tenders, liaising with the Legal Team and Commercial Managers, providing advice to the CM to enable them to make decisions on amendments included in tenders and enable the CM to complete all PTPN's and PTPA's and negotiation of Contract Terms and conditions in line with company good practice. Ensure that Contractual risks are either mitigated or understood and allowed for within the tender and/or Project Delivery Plan. Collation and safe-keeping of all Contracts, Warranties, Bonds/ PCG's for signature.
- Review invitations to tender providing legal and commercial input where required to the Commercial Managers / Commercial Director and support in the decisions and negotiations regarding Contract amendments.
- Review, amend, negotiate and support commercial team in contract close for new projects
- Direct liaise with the Legal Department.
- Participate within the Contracts Officer Group within the organisation and ensure compliance with agreed legal positions, case law, agreed standard amendments and key Legal issues.
- Draft, amend, negotiate and support the Commercial teams including the projects and operations teams, in contract close and for ad hoc business requirements
- Assist in the handover of negotiated Contracts to the project team and clearly explain the agreements that have been made, so that the Site Team administer the Contract correctly on site.
- Draft and develop template forms of agreement in line with existing contractual obligations and group policy
- Support and advise colleagues at all levels, including senior management team in respect of existing contractual obligations and contract interpretation
- Assist as necessary in contractual disputes, including non-payment of invoices
- Support and advise on any Sub-contract Legal issues/queries that prevent completion.
- Assist with the negotiation, preparation and resolution of Consultant appointments, novations and warranties.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have either a degree and experience within the law industry or have commercial experience within construction.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and an outstanding package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.