WHO THEY ARE?
A cash-rich, well capitalized real estate investor and developer, with a top reputation locally for development Urban Infill projects in the Austin metro area.
WHY JOIN THEM?
- As a smaller firm with a highly entrepreneurial feel and approach to their work, they will offer this Development Manager the opportunity to wear many hats and gain exposure to parts of the Development process and lifecycle that allude many at comparable firms elsewhere.
- They will offer, in addition to a competitive base salary and full suite of cash bonus & benefits, the opportunity to invest in the deals that they develop. They will 100% match your investment contributions on deals (that have historically paid out 6-8x initial investment!)
As Development Manager, some of your responsibilities include;
- Management of the Construction process and onsite general contractor, start to finish.
- Management of the Development Schedule.
- Management of the entitlement process, as well as (where needed) lead rezoning.
- Orchestrate preliminary design based on desired programs.
- Conduct design review meetings w/all design consultants.
- Obtain grading/foundation/building permits as required by City of Austin.
- Refine schedule/organize fast track method with City of Austin and design team.
- Management of the Design Team (Planner, Civil, Environmental, Geotech, Architect, Structural and Landscape).
- Oversight of project budgets, reporting out on regular basis.
- Work with City of Austin, in order to expedite permitting.
- Attend weekly job meetings and monitor job progress.
- Facilitate owner decisions in a timely manner.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION
The Development Manager for this firm will have;
- Bachelor's Degree, from a respected establishment; specifically, in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Engineering, or another related field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of project development, management or construction experience in Wood/Stick Frame Multifamily, Mixed-Use, Urban Infill, Senior Living or Student Housing.
- Firm knowledge of construction, development, project management and commercial real estate.
- Make an application here to get in touch.
- This is an exclusive search being undertaken by Macdonald & Co.
- In addition to confidentiality and discretion, suitable candidates will benefit from a transparent, fast-moving interview & application process.