Graduate Project Manager
Graduate Project Manager / Facilities Management / Facilities Services / Glasgow
A leading Facilities Management company are looking to add a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to their projects team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fresh Graduate, or even someone with a year or two experience. Paying up to £24,000, 25 days holiday + public holidays, company car, 10% pension, and an annual salary review.
When this firm has a Facilities Management contract with a client, they will also offer the client Project Management and Cost Consultancy services. Therefore you will work for a dedicated consultancy team within the business.
The main duty of the PM is to be able to pro-active and self-sufficient in the management of all aspects of project development and delivery for projects in the property sector, including fabric and M&E works of a value from 10K up to over £1M.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of all aspects of construction / property project delivery across all stages of a project's life; from initial enquiry, scoping and design stages through to management of construction fit-out works, snagging and handovers phases. This includes the financial, H&S and risk management of the project. Liaising with the businesses finance and ops staff as required.
It is important that you have the following in order to be considered for the role:
- Graduate in construction related Project Management qualification (or appropriate time served track record in field or an associated field such as Design, Surveying, Property Management, Architecture or Engineering)
- Professional Qualifications or accreditation, RICS, APM or other accreditation helpful but not essential.
- Prince 2, SMSTS, CDM in practice, and other Project Management related qualifications, skills and experience a benefit, but not essential
- Knowledge of working with CAD plans, sections and other technical information essential
- Full Computer literacy, particularly with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Familiarity of Building Regulations, Planning consents and Landlord approval and statutory consent processes
- Understanding of tender processes, and compilation of tender development
- Understanding of project cost and change control processes.
- Basic estimating principles
- Strong Client and Customer focus, and diplomacy skills.
- Evidence of performance management, ambition and drive
- Able to demonstrate an excellent level of written and oral communication skills.
- Experience within Facilities services sector beneficial but by no means essential
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.