Development Management Team Leader (remote working)
One London's leading London borough councils renowned for cutting edge development urgently requires a Development Management Team Leader.
Your primary management responsibility will be for the North Team which consists of 5 members of staff encompassing Graduate to Principal Planners in arguably the borough's most vibrant district containing high levels of major development and regeneration (working remotely).
This is a busy team who commonly process caseloads consisting of minor, complex medium and small scale major applications such as residential, commercial, retail, certificates of lawful development and listed building consents etc.
In a managerial capacity you will undertake the following duties;
- Allocate planning applications
- Monitor performance and provide technical advice to junior members of staff in relation to complex planning issues
- Undertake complex pre-application meetings for high profile schemes and negotiate PPA agreements
- Liaise with and conduct member briefings
- Manage team budgets
- Sign off delegated reports
- Implement service improvement initiatives and strategies
- Represent council at committee and public inquiry
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Development Management Team Leader in a UK local authority.
However applications are also encouraged from Development Management Planners who have experience as a Deputy Team Leader or Principal Planners who wish to progress their careers in to a formal management role.
In addition you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263