Fire Safety Compliance Manager
Fire Safety Manager - Public Sector Organisation - South West London - Inside IR35- £negotiable
Your new company
On behalf of a public sector organisation in South London, Hays Property & Surveying are now looking for a qualified Fire Safety professional, to work effectively in order to deliver corporate objectives through the work of the Housing Service. This is a 3 month rolling full time contract, inside IR35.
Your new role
The objective of the role is to provide competent, sensible and professional fire safety advice to the department, as well as to manage fire risk in the department, including the implementation of actions from fire risk assessments to ensure the organisation meets its fire safety related statutory obligations.
You'll be responsible for one fire safety surveyor.
Some of your duties:
- To support the Health and Safety Team in matters of fire safety.
- To manage the capital budget for works relating to fire safety.
- To ensure the effective management of the 'fire safety within residential communal areas' project.
- To project manage the fire risk assessment contract.
- To carry out fire risk assessments when required.
- To carry out quality checks on all fire risk assessments (FRAs) carried out in the Housing stock.
- To co-ordinate internal and external compliance solutions and oversee the implementation of all actions arising from FRAs, reporting to the departmental leadership team when deviations occur.
- Influence, develop and review fire safety policies, procedures and related documentation in accordance with current legalisation, technological advances and quality assurance systems.
- Undertake routine fire safety inspections, for all locations, measuring the effectiveness of fire precautions measures, and advising on where defects/ non-compliances are found, creating action plans and oversee their implementation.
- To support the senior leadership team in managing fire safety by providing performance reports as required.
- To develop, implement, deliver and evaluate fire safety training.
- To lead or coordinate on departmental projects relating to fire safety and associated issues as required.
- To consult and liaise with the LFB, and other relevant authorities and organisations.
What you'll need to succeed
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of providing competent fire safety advice in the public sector and or for other large multi-site housing organisation.
- Extensive experience in Fire Safety and Fire Risk.
- Detailed knowledge of the practical application of current fire safety legislation and best practice.
- Experience delivering fire safety training programs.
- Has experience of liaison with Fire Enforcing Authorities.
- Has formal qualifications in fire safety and corporate membership of a recognized fire safety body.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate credibly and effectively in writing and in person inside and outside the organisation at all levels on complex/technical or organisational issues.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports/procedures concerning complex or technical issues.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands in order to meet deadlines.
- A team player with the ability to plan and organise the work within the team in order to meet specified deadlines and service needs.
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations to senior managers and other staff on a wide range of subject matter.
- Ability to analyse both technical, organisational and management fire safety issues and offer creative, constructive and cost effective solutions.
- Works positively with colleagues in the team and across the organisation to ensure consistent good practice.
- Takes personal responsibility to support change responding to requirements by continually striving to improve processes or activities, consistent with the council's values and objectives
- At all times respects confidentiality and the dignity of others.
- IFE/FPA Graduate Membership or above.
- Fire Safety Management qualification.
- Advanced Fire Risk Assessment.
- Any specific fire safety related training required for specific projects e.g. passive fire protection, management and maintenance of fire safety systems, etc.
What you'll get in return
In return: You'll be working for a well-established Public-Sector Organisation, you'll benefit from a competitive daily rate and will be working from home for the time being, as the organisation is supporting and encouraging working from home. You'll have the possibility to mentor and manage a fire safety surveyor and play a key role in this department.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.