Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - St Modwen - Infrastructure & Projects
- Exciting new Project Management function operating across the development cycle
- Leading the delivery of projects for Strategic Land & Regeneration
About Our Client
St Modwen has an extraordinary history, with a reputation for looking at things differently and creating opportunities where none existed. It creates places that matter, drawing on its regeneration and development expertise to create new communities, build quality homes for families and create new jobs through the delivery of industrial and logistics space. In the exciting years ahead, St Modwen will be delivering over 15m sq ft of warehouse space and increase residential output by 25% per annum - alongside its major regeneration projects that create employment, education, leisure, retail and residential opportunities. It will be the market leading provider of industrial and logistics, residential and regeneration schemes in the UK.
St Modwen is proud of its heritage. Its people, skills and experience are the bedrock of the business and have helped it achieve so much - and it aspires to achieve even more.
The appointment of a new Senior Project Manager in the Strategical Land & Regeneration business unit is an important role in its new national structure.
In this role, you will play an important part in shaping its future, working together to make a great business even better. St Modwen is creating a culture that is inspiring and inclusive, one where difference is valued, enabling everyone to perform at their best and realise their potential, building and sustaining a business, brand and reputation of which they can all be proud.
The role of the Senior Project Manager is an important function within the Infrastructure and Project Management team that will create, deliver and manage high quality project outcomes. You will be leading the delivery of complex Strategic Land and Regeneration developments through the entire development process; this will involve managing of all aspects of the development cycle through the creation of programme plans and leadership of cross functional programme teams to deliver high quality industrial, logistics, and residential led regeneration developments.
Your responsibilities will be many and varied and include:
- Manage the development of a project masterplan
- Develop and deliver the Project Execution Plan
- Manage the project delivery process from acquisition, design, through construction works
- Define and deliver the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Control delivery costs
- Lead internal and externals teams to ensure that objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time, budget and standards
- Work with the Planning Team and consultants to define the Planning Strategy
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team in finance, commercial and legal to ensure best practice
- Manage procurement of resources, including design, engineering, and consulting professionals
- Work closely with the Development Manager to ensure the plan aligns to the overarching development strategy
- Ensure project governance is in place and best practice is implemented
- Provide coaching and regular feedback to maximise performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment.
- To ensure effective communication that enables engagement and enablement
The Successful Applicant
An experienced Project Manager you will have a demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of £multi-million projects that could be within the commercial, industrial, logistics, residential or infrastructure sectors. You will have operated at a Senior level within a consultancy, developer, corporate or contractor - steering projects from pre-construction to post.
You will be skilled at Development Appraisals and understand what it takes to define and deliver complex master plans. Working in collaboration with your peers that include Development Managers and Planners you will have the confidence to set forward your position, add strategic and technical input into the proposed schemes and drive forward the project. Energising those around you - you will lead consultant teams and contractors towards the delivery of a successful developments. Other experiences will include:
- Ability to deliver with passion and integrity.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline and/or Chartership of relevant professional organisation e.g. MRICS, MCIOB, MAPM
- Multi sector experience - commercial, residential, industrial and logistics, retail / leisure
- Experience managing relationships and communications with suppliers and customers
- Experience managing contracts for supply and delivery services
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong collaboration ethos and values
- Ability to analyse and organise complex information
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Resilient and calm under pressure
What's on Offer
c. £60,000 - £75,000 Salary + Car allowance + competitive bonus and benefits
Please note that any 3rd party CV's or direct applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page
How to apply
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly