Senior Commercial Manager
Senior Commercial Manager - St. Modwen - In House Opportunity
- Lead & develop a new Commercial function
- Set the procurement strategy & develop in-house expertise
About Our Client
St. Modwen has an extraordinary history, with a reputation for looking at things differently and creating opportunities where none existed. It creates places that matter, drawing on its regeneration and development expertise to create new communities, build quality homes for families and create new jobs through the delivery of industrial and logistics space. In the exciting years ahead, St. Modwen will be delivering over 15m sq ft of warehouse space and increase residential output by 25% per annum - alongside its major regeneration projects that create employment, education, leisure, retail and residential opportunities. It will be the market leading provider of industrial and logistics, residential and regeneration schemes in the UK.
St. Modwen is proud of its heritage. Its people, skills and experience are the bedrock of the business and have helped it achieve so much - and it aspires to achieve even more.
The appointment of a new Senior Commercial Manager in the Strategical Land & Regeneration business unit is an important role in its new national structure.
In this role, you will play an important part in shaping its future, working together to make a great business even better. St Modwen is creating a culture that is inspiring and inclusive, one where difference is valued, enabling everyone to perform at their best and realise their potential, building and sustaining a business, brand and reputation of which they can all be proud.
This Senior Commercial Manager role is a new role within the Infrastructure and Project Management team and will significantly enhance the organisation's ability to manage the procurement and supply chain strategy.
You will lead and develop the Commercial function to achieve St. Modwen's strategy and objectives - creating a clear contractor supply chain strategy for the Strategic Land and Regeneration Business unit including managing the procurement process; contractor supply chain, third parties and analysing cost information to benchmark and drive efficiencies.
The exciting new role will empower you to make strategic decisions with wide ranging responsibilities that include:
- Creating and delivering a clear contractor supply chain strategy
- Developing a procurement strategy for each asset
- Monitoring supply chain performance, enhancing relations and performance
- Advising on commercial & legal risk
- Ensuring Procurement is delivered on time and within budget
- Driving high performance from third parties
- Reviewing and appraising external Employers Agent cost reporting
- Ensuring the Supply chain meets SHE requirements
- Approving and managing costs within the land appraisals
- Placing contracts in accordance with Contract Planning Procedures
- Continuously review supply chain performance and use analytics to inform and shape future commercial approach
- Leading cost benchmarking and data minimising of costs to deliver savings and efficiencies
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Commercial Manager will have demonstrable experienced attained within a property consultancy, developer, prop co or contractor. It is envisaged you will like have:
- Extensive post-graduate experience in the relevant Commercial area, preferably with a contractor, client side or consultancy organisation
- Higher education industry discipline relevant qualification and potentially qualified such as RICS or MCIOB accreditation
- Proven track record in leading and developing successful Commercial teams in a contracting or client organisation
- Exceptional commercial, legal, technical, management and financial skills
- Strong professional network
- Excellent communication skills
- Full valid driving licence
- Able to successfully manage the performance of large external teams
What's on Offer
c. £65,000 - £80,000 Salary + Car allowance + competitive bonus and benefits
Please note that any 3rd party CV's or direct applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page
How to apply
Email your application to: email@example.com
Apply for Senior Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly