Project Support Manager - Development Projects - TFL
Your new company
On behalf of our client, Transport for London, Hays Property & Surveying are currently recruiting for a Project Support Manager to take on a twelve month contract. TFL are currently undergoing a huge transformation and this role is one of the first to be a part of their new DevCo which is being created alongside a PropCo to enable them to better manage their entire portfolio of real estate across London.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Programme, this role will bring a commercial property focus to delivery of the DevCo programme. You will be responsible for ensuring that accurate and reliable management information/reports are provided on progress and expenditure in order to assist in the delivery of DevCo programme. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing all documentation/information across both projects and the department, ensuring it is in line with departmental and project governance procedures. They would also be the first point of contact for customers and stakeholders on both projects, whilst providing additional support to the wider DevCo Programme working group (PWG).
Create, manage and maintain the project programmes for multiple work-streams together with providing up to date reports to enable accurate forecasting and spend profiles to be identified and attained.
- Record and analyse data received from within DevCo programme reports to generate meaningful usable outputs to assist with strategic portfolio evaluation.
- First point of contact for customers and stakeholders ensuring queries are dealt with appropriately via email or telephone and delegated to a Senior Management Team member if required.
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain an effective document management system using Sharepoint to accurately record and retrieve extensive documentation received for DevCo.
- Accurate analysis of period end reports to ensure the information is up to date and can be presented with confidence at periodic meetings.
- Assist the Reporting and Risk Manager in developing a risk management and good governance practice within DevCo
- Provide first line SAP support and maintenance to programme lead.
- Create and schedule training plans and inductions for identified staff for major moves across the projects.
- Provide support to DevCo teams by creating and managing relocation lists, moves letters and any other paperwork as required.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Knowledge of the property industry, including an understanding of the activities undertaken by a project office and a move/refurbishment function within a live environment.
- Able to produce reports and management information at short notice, sometimes requiring work outside of normal hours.
- Able to table agendas for meetings & take the subsequent minutes to an appropriate standard
- Knowledge of project controls and methodologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of integrated electronic data management systems (Sharepoint) to actively develop and manage this to record and retrieve extensive project documentation.
- Good knowledge of SAP
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.