Project Manager - Housing
Interim role - Public Sector - Inside IR35 - Central London - Project Manager - Housing
Your new company
This is a well-established public sector organisation based in Central London.
They are now looking for an experienced Capital works Project Manager to join their Housing Assets & Regeneration Department, on a 3 month rolling contract, with extension.
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is:
To manage a portfolio of individual contracts and call off projects from the recently procured contractor and consultants frameworks within the current budget of circa £16m for the capital and cyclical works programmes. You will have responsibility from inception to final account and contribute to the development, delivery, management and monitoring of the organisation's Capital Investment Programme commitments.
Some of the duties include:
* Assist in the overall planning of schemes to be included in programmes of work and take full responsibility for the delivery of identified schemes and the operational management of these from inception to final accounts in line with all company and statutory requirements including Financial Standing Orders, Contact Regulations, EU Procurement, Health and Safety.
* Analyse and make recommendations on consultant/contractor design options, feasibility reports and proposals to ensure they meet the project objectives, requirements and demonstrate value for money.
* Work with residents, Resident Associations and lead on resident communication and engagement on projects managed including ensuring S20 legislative requirements are met.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will need:
* Operational experience within public sector housing or similar environment carrying out major works schemes
* Experience of decent homes programmes
* Experience of managing budgets for individual projects and annual programmes of work
* Knowledge of current relevant legislation and housing issues
* Ability to prepare design briefs, specifications, tender documents and contracts
* Strong IT skills
* Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams
* Customer focus
* MRICS ideally
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive hourly rate as well as the possibility to work on a long assignment, finally you will be based in an area with great transportation links.
You will join a team of friendly and experienced professionals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.