A great opportunity has arisen for a Conservation Officer with 2 + years experience to come on board and work in a small team focused on a variety of different listed building applications in one of Britain's most prestigious Conservation Areas.
Key responsibilities include;
- Managing and processing a varied listed building caseload.
- Liaise with colleagues in Development Management to provide conservation comments on applications
- Prepare evidence for appeals and public examinations when required.
- Contribute to the production of conservation areas and character appraisals
- Negotiate improvements to proposed development schemes that may have an impact on heritage assets
- Advise planning enforcement team on listed building breaches
Successful candidates will have an academic qualification in Historic architecture, Town Planning or an affiliated subject.
Furthermore, you will have acquired practical experience as Conservation Officer in a local planning authority or provided specialist listed building advice working in private consultancy for numerous development schemes containing heritage assets.
For additional information, please feel free to contact Elliot Miles on 020 37318 5261 or email: