Waste Monitoring Officer
Waste Monitoring Officer Required in North London.
This public-sector organisation based in North London is currently looking to recruit a Waste Monitoring Officer. The officers will support the work of the Waste Services Transformation Project team that has been set up to improve efficiencies and generate savings from the organisations waste contract.
The JobAs a waste monitoring officer, you will be part of a team that has been tasked to assess the usage and capacity of waste receptacles (bins) across the Borough and supply valuable data that will enable management to make informed decisions about future resource requirements.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Inspect streets, roads and housing estates as directed by your line manager;
* Work to a timed programme of inspections;
* Provide accurate information in a timely manner;
* Proactively report incidents, occurrences, hazards, defects etc which may compromise the health and safety or interfere with users of the public highway;
* Be willing and able to walk for up to 5 hours per day carrying out inspections in all weather conditions.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have the ability to work independently, under pressure and within tight deadlines. It is crucial that you also have the ability and present findings in a clear, accessible and relevant way.
Whilst it is not essential that you understand street cleansing monitoring and/or waste collections, knowledge to carry out inspections in line with NI 195 or similar performance requirements would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market Rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Waste Monitoring Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly