Assistant / Intermediate PM
An exciting new boutique project management practice based in Berkshire (Reading area) is seeing to hire an Assistant / Intermediate Project Manager as a result of increased project opportunities with both existing and new clients.
Live projects include managing new retail units for major UK developer (PM/EA commissions) including other new build commercial projects for retail shopping parks and associated buildings across the South / South East. Other refurbishment projects include retail and commercial office (HQ) projects including fit outs + various project monitoring commissions.
You will be reporting to either an Associate Director and / or Project Lead as required and you will become an integral part of the team makinf significant contributions to the business, both commercially and culturally.
Primary role is to manage and lead smaller, less complex projects and support other colleague managing elements of work on larger developments , cultivating cultivating appropriate skills and experience as part of continuous professional development.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and understand the project brief / requirements.
- Develop successful, professional relationships with clients
- Manage & lead smaller projects
- Manage & lead project tasks as part of a wider team on larger projects .
- Work closely with all stakeholders.
- Understand, promote and implement sustainability briefs and Health & Safety Policies
- Prepare construction and development budgets
- Providing regular reports on actual and forecast expenditure against budgets.
- Assist with the negotiation of consultant fees, instruct and manage invoice process
- Identify key activities and their dependencies for successful project outcomes.
- Prepare strategic programmes for monitoring purposes
- Assist with wider aspects of projects and work withstatutory authorities, town planning, S278 highways works, third parties, assest managers & agents, centre management teams and local authorities
- Attend, and where appropriate to do so, chair meetings where required, noting and preparing minutes
- Prepare and update accurate internal and external project documentation
You will be supported in these duties and work with your senior and the board of Directors to develop, agree and implement a career development plan.
- Minimum construction or surveying degree (BSc Hons) – preference for accreditation to RICS
- Preference for amin of 6 months in a property consultancy environment (or up to 3 years)
- Effective communicator and enthusiastic character.
- Developing knowledge of the key principals of Project Management. (APC stage preference)
- Understanding general principles of project programmes / development cost control.
- Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook - ideally MS project
- An interest in Business Development and Marketing is desirable.
Package would include a generous salary up to £45,000 basic (depndending on experience) + 5% Pension + 28 days paid holiday + Discretionary benefits + Bonus + one professional subscription paid
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090