Planning Officer - Development Management
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Planning Officer at one of Londons most dynamic and pro-development London Borough Councils.
Located in one of capital's major growth areas, this planning authority has fostered a reputation for cutting edge and innovative development.
In your capacity as a Planning Officer, you will manage a diverse development management caseload located prime residential locations, picturesque conservation areas in conjunction with busy commercial districts.
Core responsibilities will include processing minor to medium applications including residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, infill housing, new build, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263.