Quantity Surveyor Opportunity
Your new company
Your new company is an established contractor based in Cambridge. They are seeking or a full time, qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to work on our local contracts.You will be part of a small friendly team, working closely with the Contracts Manager, Managing Director and Site Supervisors to ensure the maintaining of financial control and smooth running of projects.
Your new role
As an integral part of the company you will be overseeing the work of our assistant QS and as such they are
looking for a hardworking, professional individual preferably from a Main Contractor background who is
able to contribute to the team and directly affect the success of the company.
Your work will involve:
* Administration of contracts from estimating to final accounts including the measurement and
preparation of interim valuations.
* Liaise closely with and present to the client on performance, attend site meetings.
* Cost analysis throughout job, including projecting budgets and targets.
* Ensuring all variations are picked up on site
* Secure contract terms and assist in managing sub-contractors
* Help Contracts Manager to maintain high quality standards and program.
What you'll need to succeed
* Good knowledge of the building/construction/trades.
* Good problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and negotiating skills
* Knowledge of JCT contracts or similar.
* Understanding of statutory building regulations
* Identifying risk control
* Understanding implications of H&S regulations
* Take measures
* Understanding of drawings and plans
* Previous experience of Project Management
* Clean driving licence
What you'll get in return:
On offer s a brilliant opportunity to join a close knit team and company who are offering a competitive salary and the exposure to work on some of the most prestigious projects in Cambridge
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or Athena Manetas now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.