Part Time Project Manager (Construction)
Your new company
On behalf of our client, Hays Property & Surveying are currently seeking a part time Project Manager (Construction) to take on a suite of construction and refurbishment projects across Central London. My client is a non profit organisation with a diverse property portfolio in London.
Your new role
This role is a part time, 3 days per week.
You will be primarily responsible for a portfolio of schools projects, but will support the wider estate as and when required. This will include commercial offices, residential and some industrial projects. You will provide project management, monitoring and project delivery duties. Liaising with all team members to ensure that projects are delivered from inception to completion including settlement of the final account, on time, within budget and are on scope. You will also provide advice on the wider property portfolio in terms of the suitability, condition, use, sustainability and future long-term capital plans.
This role is outside of IR35 legislation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Surveyor (Building/Quantity Surveying) (MRICS) or Chartered Builder (MCIOB) or Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) or Equivalent, OR substantial Project Management/Building/Quantity surveying experience.
- 5 years plus, post qualification experience and a sound knowledge of traditional building techniques.
- Experience of project management and monitoring construction and refurbishment projects from inception to completion and final account on projects up to and around £20m reporting on progress in terms of programme, scope, finance timescales and identifying risk factors and their mitigation.
- Experience of working directly with consultants on a variety of works including refurbishment and new build.
- Experience of appointing, managing professional advisers/Consultants and reporting in written and verbal formats on programme, cost and quality to variety of Committees and audiences.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application to construction through the CDM 2015 regulations together with an appreciation of the impact of various H & S regulations
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a flexible working arrangement of 3 days per week to suit your schedule and potentially balance this contract with another client or subsequent engagement. You will be a part of a small team and have autonomy for the delivery of these projects whilst ensuring best practice and bringing your own project management expertise to this well reputed client.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.