Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor required
My latest client is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding team in the new house building sector. They are based in the West Yorkshire area and are part of an industry giant and have lots of work booked in for 2019 and beyond hence the new job opportunity.
* Preparing Cost to complete documentation in line with the Commercial timetable, ensuring financial accuracy when predicting profitability for each scheme.
* Produce accurate monthly accruals.
* Assess exactitude of subcontract valuations/applications for payment, forwarding approved documentation onto the relevant departments.
* Apply risk, value management and cost control mechanisms.
* Undertaking costs analysis comparisons for sub-contracts from tender enquiry to analysis and contract placement.
* Professionally manage subcontracts from first valuation through to final account.
* Ensure predicted profitability is upheld through the lifecycle of the development.
* Accurate quarterly cash flow forecast of Roads & Sewers spend.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
* Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
* Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
* Literate and Numerate
* Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate
Previous house building experience is essential. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me at the Leeds office on 0113 2003700 for more details