Senior Building Surveyor (Manchester / North West)
We are delighted to be recruiting a Senior Building Surveyor for an FCA regulated investment management firm with almost £1.5bn assets under management in private, institutional and public capital.
Founded in 2004, our client has built specialist investments teams in a number of key strategic sectors including: Venture Capital and Private Equity; Infrastructure and Energy; Leasing and Lending; and Property, with 90 people working in its London City head office. Funding is provided to diverse range of businesses and organisations from the NHS to SMEs.
This is an autonomous role working exclusively within their REIT. You’d be reporting to a Property Director and supported by a Property Manager and an Administrator. In short, their REIT’s acquisition programme has grown much quicker than anticipated and they’re wishing to hire an experienced Building Surveyor to help support the day to day project work on their various sites. It presently owns over 250 housing sites across the UK. Majority of sites found in Midlands (including East Midlands), North West and North East areas. (but ultimately assets held between Devon to the Scottish Borders)
Purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is the candidate will be the field based face of the business, visiting properties on a needs basis and inspecting on one off refurbishments to regular maintenance checks and ensuring that their registered providers are adhering to the terms of their lease. This role will include a significant amount of travel, as well as attendance at in the London office at least once per month.
- You will be required to travel all over the UK to inspect assets within the portfolio
- Able to identify defects, advise on repair, maintenance and restoration
- Assess and advise on building design, ensure they meet the needs of people with disabilities
- Negotiate / advise on Dilapidations
- Advise and assess Health & Safety, Building Regulations and Fire Risk Assessment aspects of their buildings
- Compile snagging list of works where necessary
- Liaise with external contractors where building works are ongoing
- Assess reinstatement values for insurance purposes
- Organise documents for tender and liaise with Developers and Contractors on works
- Providing ad-hoc advice, reviews and opinions on an ongoing basis to the PAM team
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Building Surveying degree
- RICS qualified (at least 2-5 years post qualified experience)
- UK Full Driving Licence
- Experience in the social Housing Sector
- A willingness to travel, with overnight stays to visit sites
- Interest in and firm knowledge of the built environment, including building regulations and H&S legislation
- Basic remuneration subject to experience and fit. (Guide to c£55,000 - £65,000 basic dependent on experience)
- 25 days paid holiday per calendar year, 3 must be taken at Christmas. (to maximum of 28 days).
- Family (spouse & children) Private Health Insurance
- Health Care cash plan, currently with Medicare.
- Company pension contribution of 3% of total compensation
- Standard office hours are 9.00am – 5.30pm although flexibility will be expected where necessary to get things done.
Lastly, company culture is incredibly important to them. They want people to work hard, act professionally, feel challenged by their work, and ultimately develop personally. They also want people to have fun at the same time and therefore throughout the year they organise a number of events to bring them all together, from office pizzas on ‘First Thursdays’, team away days, company style Christmas parties, and annual company off sites.
If you're interested and you can demonstrate the right professional background and personal qualities required of this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential chat!
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090