Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager role in a Credible and Trustworthy Company
Your new role
To be an integral part of the Company Team making significant contributions to the business, both commercially and culturally. The role includes proactive management of projects and contributions to the running and promotion of the business expected of an Assistant Project Manager. The primary role is to manage and lead smaller, less complex projects and support other colleagues managing elements of work on larger developments; cultivating appropriate skills and experience as part of continuous professional Development. All work is to be undertaken with integrity and professionalism.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an effective Communicator with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Developing knowledge of the key principals of Project Management. Understanding general principles of project / development cost control. Understanding of project programmes and critical paths Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook Understanding of MS Project and emerging simple skills to enable simple project programmes to be created. Interest in Business Development and Marketing is desirable. Interest in assisting with the running of some aspects of the company is desirable. Working towards Chartered Status of a recognised Property Organisation. Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for Project & Development Management.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and understand the project brief / requirements and the associated project role required for successful project outcomes.
- Develop successful, professional relationships with clients; responding diligently to their enquiries and instructions in a timely manner.
- Manage & lead smaller projects, delivering to time, cost and quality requirements with full consideration of the Company's terms of appointment;
- effectively and efficiently to set deadlines.
- Seek guidance from colleagues on appropriate actions to enable the role to be undertaken, offering ideas and considered outcomes for discussion at all stages of projects.
- Work closely with all stakeholders in a collaborative manner to build successful teams; liaising with all parties as required and in consideration of their professional duties.
- Understand, promote and implement required client policies and processes such as sustainability briefs and Health & Safety Policies
- Prepare construction and development budgets with due consideration for all anticipated costs.
- Manage project / development finances effectively, providing regular reports on actual and forecast expenditure against budgets.
- Assist with the negotiation of consultant fees, instruct and manage invoice process for each as required.
- Identify key activities and their dependencies for successful project outcomes.
- Prepare strategic programmes and use them to monitor and report project progress, identifying and managing new issues as they arise.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.