Assistant Electrical Estimator
Leading Contractor in Hampshire seeking Assistant Electrical Estimator
Assistant Electrical Estimator required for an established Hampshire D&B Contractor operating for almost 30 years.
With an annual turnover of £26 million, they specialise in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering solutions. The successful applicant should have a minimum of 2 years' experience and trade qualifications representative of an Electrical Estimator.
You should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of electrical estimating within the range of £50,000 to £1 million. You will be working under guidance of a senior estimator, but be able to work under your own initiative from receipt of initial estimate, mid tender queries to completion.
Knowledge of an estimating package would be advantageous, but not essential.
You will be able to carry out the following tasks:
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Meeting with Client and Consultants
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Measuring and take offs for materials and labour
- Working knowledge of SEC Cypher, Estimating package or similar (not essential but would be preferred)
- Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between 1 and 3 weeks
- Present tender return sheet to our Mechanical Department for combined issue
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Produce Value Engineering solutions
- Understand and scrutinise Sub-Contractor quotations
- Good working relationship with an already friendly team
- BTEC ONC - Electrical Engineering
- City & Guilds Level 3, 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- City & Guilds 2391 - Testing & Inspection (preferred but not essential)
Ideally you will come from an M&E Design and Build background. The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects. You will have held a similar Estimating position with an M&E Contractor.