Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor required
Your new company
Working for one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction companies who offer great career opportunities in an autonomous and forward thinking environment.
Your new role
As a Senior QS in one of the businesses most successful teams, you will be tasked to will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the contract whilst ensuring compliance with the conditions of the contract and the Business Management System.
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects, as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- You will have experience of managing a team.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
What you'll get in return
An exciting and challenging environment where you will get the opportunity to work on some of the most significant construction projects in the UK, as well as a highly competitive annual salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.