Senior Quantity Surveyor / Major Claims Surveyor
1 Year Fixed Term Contract - Buckinghamshire
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a construction professional, the Major Claims Surveyor is central to the delivery of high value repair projects.
The successful candidate will support the Case Owner in all aspects of the project including interpreting issues raised by the Consultant/Contractor; cost management and providing innovative suggestions for repair solutions on complex claim cases.
The Major Claims Surveyor will provide the link between the office based team. External consultants and contractors to ensure a timely and cost effective solution coupled with advising on contractual matters and areas of risk.
Main Duties & Responsibilities will involve:
* Undertaking strategic review of Large Loss Reports for high risk and high value claims repair schemes with values in excess of £500K in order to determine cost and site repair phase strategies.
* Review repair proposals, tender documents and contract documentation from consultants in order to check and challenge the scope/design in addition to advising the Team on any areas of risk. Offer up proposals to mitigate that risk and ensure that a robust repair scheme is delivered
* Ensuring tight cost control supports accurate pipelining.
* Involvement in the tender process including recommending suitable contractors and attending the tender interview process.
* Working with the case handler and consultant in order to ensure that the contract is robust.
* Representing the Organisation in site meetings including investigation, pre-start and project meetings whilst ensuring adherence to policy and procedure.
* Maintaining continuity and strong channels of communication for the full lifecycle of projects.
* Applying a high level of quantity surveying/estimating expertise when preparing cost reports and offering recommendations.
* Ensuring regulatory compliance is maintained on repair projects i.e. Party Wall Act & CDM.
* Providing technical support and assistance to others in the Team.
* Focussing on strict process governance.
External: Specialist Consultants, Contractors, Engineers, Surveyors, Managing Agents, Builders, Solicitors and Homeowners.
Internal: All levels within the Department and all other areas of the Organisation.
Regulatory Requirements & Personal Attributes:
Over the course of employment, the job holder is required to:
* Be diligent and act with honesty and integrity.
* Be open and fully co-operative with the Organisation's regulators.
Experience Required - Key Criteria:
Track record of high value repair diagnosis and project management of repairs/construction projects.
Values will be in excess of c. £3m and up to c. £15m.
Demonstrates a proven ability to operate strategically and lead a project/team.
Skilled in quantity surveying, cost and project management.
Experience of working with Architects, Engineers, Surveyors and Project Managers
Dispute resolution skills and experience.
Knowledge of various forms of contracts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.