Permanent Finishing Foreman Job in Berkshire - £37k to £42k plus package - Residential / House BuilderYour new company
Hays Reading are exclusively working with a client who's aim is to establish their reputation as the leading provider of top quality homes and first class customer service in the UK housing sector. They are looking to compete for market share with the established residential developers. They want to challenge and change public perception of new homes being inferior to older properties, by delivering a product which surpasses buildings of the past in terms of quality, efficiency and comfort.
Your new role
To enforce the company's Safety, Health and Environment Policy without exception to apply a zero tolerance approach to any SHE breaches at all times. Responsible for delivering of completed product with no outstanding external and/or internal works at date of customer occupation. To deliver all agreed build objectives and targets as agreed with Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager. Under the direction of the Site Manager, champion product quality and strive to Hand Over defect free properties to sales for customers' legal completions.
Job Duties - Under the direction of the Site Manager to;
- assist with the delivery of CML certificates
- To offer guidance and support to all site operatives and to lead by positive example.
- Drive Customer Service and quality standards for company, ensuring to impart the acceptable quality levels to all site operatives.
- Generate solutions/recommendations to resolve any construction and/or quality issues and encourage all staff to come forward with suggestions for improvement in process, build quality, customer service and any other areas of the operation.
- Ensure 100% compliance with any document management system introduced by the company.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of build process
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines at all times
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally would have experience of building on large development sites. A technical housebuilding understanding and knowledge is essential. Methodical and organised with a meticulous eye for detail. Adequate IT skills. Holder of appropriate CSCS Card and preferably qualified First Aider. A proven record of working successfully within a larger team and a good communicator. Fully committed to delivering the highest level of Health & Safety standards at all times. Have base multi trade practical skills and the willingness and capability to complete small practical tasks as part of the completion process for each home.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role paying £37k to £42k plus a generous benefits package including a 10% car allowance, 5% employer pension contribution, death in life cover (4 x salary) and 25 days annual leave (plus the public holidays).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.