Environmental Health Surveyor
Environmental Health Surveyor required in South West London for a public sector organisation.
Your new company
This South West London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit a Environmental Health Surveyor to join their Private Sector Housing Team.
Your new role
As an Environmental Health Surveyor will support the Environmental Health Officers, by identifying, inspecting and improving standards in privately rented accommodation in the borough. Responding to and dealing with Public Health related complaints such as drainage and other property associated deficiencies. You will be expected to carry out proactive surveys to identify properties for action and follow up visits for Environmental Health Officers and other work as identified by the Environmental Health Team Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Manage a caseload, taking direct responsibility for progressing cases in accordance with all customer care standards and all internal working practices/standards and the targets set by the private sector housing Business Unit.
* Undertake detailed surveys of a range of property types, including public sector buildings and individual private sector cases. Surveys to include application of the statutory Housing Health and Safety Rating System, Decent Homes and internal Grant Guidance standards.
* Carry out initial investigations and make reports with regard to complaints about housing conditions, and overcrowding, and homes that do not meet Decent Homes standards or are otherwise in disrepair or where remedial works adaptation or improvement actions required.
* Prepare statutory notices for approval and serve these on individuals or properties as required.
* Attend court, public enquiries and tribunals, preparing and presenting evidence
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have a Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health and have good working knowledge of current legislation relating to the enforcement and promotion of private sector housing conditions and standards. Including HMO Licensing, grants, the Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS), statutory guidance and codes of practice. You will also have the ability to carry out surveys and site inspections, prepare statutory notices, schedules of remedial works, plans, costings, and reports, licensing conditions, and make judgements as to the most appropriate course of action.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market hourly rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.