Senior Sales Estimator
Salary Guide: c. £40,000 + Bonus + Other Generous Benefits
Our client is a multi-specialist Plc with a turnover in excess of £100m.
They are recruiting a Roofing Estimator with ideally flat roofing and 'hot melt' experience.
Relevant construction industry experience is essential as the successful candidate will need to 'hit the ground running' due to new business gains.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
* Enter and record new tenders onto the system
* Provide Bill of quantities where required - using the Callidus Machine
* To negotiate the best price with suppliers
* To formulate and submit tenders
* Chase outstanding tenders via the calendar system
* Identify opportunities for new business through knowledge of industry.
* Provide general office support primarily by answering calls.
* On occasions provide site support to client in the form of pre-tender / pre- start meetings.
* To be responsible for personal Health & Safety and to notify appropriate parties of any issues.
* To work to and uphold the principles of the company Quality Management System
* To set up new project file with details of materials, where to order from and agreed price for the contract.
* To assist and supervise Sales Estimators by providing pricing and negotiation guidance.
Responsible for 'leading by example' in compiling lump sum / re-measure quotations by providing accurate, competitive and well-presented tenders.
* Ability to read and understand tenders
* Ability to read and interpret drawings
* Understanding of flooring and materials
* Understanding of the mechanics of flooring
* Knowledge of the industry and what projects are where
* Competitive knowledge
* Use of Callidus Machine
* Good Interpersonal skills
* Good IT skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Team Player
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure
* Work on own initiative
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.