Freelance Senior Planner required for civil infrastructure projects
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working as a Tier 1 supplier to this international construction company, which specialises in major civils, rail, energy and commercial construction projects and sets the bar in terms of design, delivery and project support.
Your new role
With support form a highly experienced contracts manager, your role will centre around the following duties and responsibilities:
- To lead the planning and programming process on transport infrastructure projects
- Ensure that the planning team supports the operational teams proactively and professionally
- Compile accurate and achievable countrywide delivery programmes
- Work closely with clients in the development of their master plan (and subsequently the contractor's plan)
- Maximise resource utilisation to ensure best value for clients.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and competence using planning software
- Understanding of planning theory; linking; float; re-scheduling; baselines etc
- Intermediate / advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of collaborative planning techniques
- Knowledge and experience of infrastructure maintenance works relevant to planning
- Understanding of NEC3 form of contract
What you'll get in return
In return for your experience and hard work, you will receive a competitive rate of up to £250 per day and peace of mind of up to 6 months of continuous work, with the possibility of contract extension. You will be paid weekly by Hays, the UK's largest specialist recruiter by market capital.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.