Senior Design Manager
Senior Design Manager - £60m+ Commercial project
Your new company
Projects type - Health
Size of Project - £60+ million
My client is currently looking for an experienced Senior Design Manager to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. With their diverse portfolio of projects they are looking for an established Senior Design manager who has a wealth of knowledge through the main contracting market.
Experience of running your own schemes up to £2-25million is preferred. This client are also looking for managers who have a passion for large project who can work autonomously and also be able to work within a team environment. This approach is essential to ensure quality finished projects within budget and on time
Your new role
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities.
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Review Sub contractor design proposals.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed.
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register.
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Commercial awareness.
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes.
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a National contractor on a hugely prestigious project. This is a Freelance / Interim role paying £350 to £400 per day and the client is looking for somebody to start ASAP.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly